Mentorship Report for 2018-2019 Season
Dear Members of the OMHA:
OMHA Mentorship programming this season included elements such as the following.
- Practice Planning - Novice through Midget (Mentorship Team) – November 14
- Best Practices on Working with Players from Minor Hockey Right up to the Pros (Pat Malloy/HEO) – February 13
- Preparing for the Playoffs/Team Tactics by Level (Mentorship Team) – March 6
On Ice Sessions
- Best Practices When Delivering Practices (Gregg Kennedy/HEO) – October 15
- Small Area Games (Ruggles Pritchard/HEO) – January 14
Mentorship Team Also Provided
- Manager’s Briefing Session – October 2
- Updated Mentorship Coaching Guide
- Behind the Bench 2.0
- Copy of Hockey Canada Skills by Level for each Level of Coaches
- OMHA Coach Credit Program
- Mentorship Twitter Account @coachmentorship (since August 26, 2018: +40 New Tweets; +14 New Followers; +20 Likes)
From April 11th until April 23rd a short survey on this year’s program (see questions below) was sent to each of the 36 OMHA Coaches who participated in at least one of our events over the course of this season.
- What did you find most useful from Mentorship team this season?
- What other subject areas could Mentorship help you with?
- Do you have any other feedback you would like to offer?
The results from this survey will be used to help strengthen next season’s program.
Thank you to all our Coaches and volunteers this season for everything that they do for the OMHA.
If anyone has any questions and/or feedback on the program, please feel free to let me know or reach out via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joel Neuheimer Director Mentorship